Thursday, March 29, 2007

Off the New Books shelf

As I pull items off the New Books shelf and relegate them to the dark abyss of the stacks, there are titles that cry out for continued special treatment. I haven't read them necessarily, but they catch my eye. I may throw up a Shelfari account for these soon, but here's a book log:

Fair Use, Free Use and Use By Permission: How to handle copyrights in all media
Lee Wilson; Allworth Press, 2005 (okay, it was new to our building)

Niche Envy: Marketing discrimination in the digital age
Joseph Turow; MIT Press, 2006

Idealized Design: Creating an organization's future
Russell L Ackoff, Jason Magidson, Herbert J Addison; Wharton School Publishing, 2006
Reverse engineering as long-range planning device: figure out the ideal result for your organization and then work backwards on how to get there. Fascinating, but I don't have time to read it right now.

[By the way, my original thought for this blog was to share profound, in-depth considerations of librarianship both digital and physical. Which means I'm posted bi-weekly. So, time for the filler to start, with this post.]

No comments: